Northeast Ohio's premier open heart surgery practice, with specialized training in the most advanced robotic-assisted surgeries.
Aultman Medical Group – Heart Core, Northeast Ohio's premier open heart surgery practice, has more than 10 years of experience with specialized training in robotic video-assisted surgeries and other minimally invasive procedures.
Heart Core physicians specialize in Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) surgery, Heart Valve Surgery, Maze Procedure, Convergent Maze Procedure, Conventional and Video Assisted Thoracic surgery, as well as Ascending/Descending thoracic aneurysm repair. Heart Core is also involved with the Aultman Structural Heart team to include Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair (Mitral Clip).
All 3 Aultman Medical Group – Heart Core physicians are Board Certified through The American Board of Thoracic Surgery, with each having over 25 years of experience. We have an advanced nurse practitioner (APRN) who is available to see post-surgical patients during the day should any issues arise, 3 nurses (RN, BSN) a licensed practical nurse (LPN) and 2 additional support staff. When a new patient is referred to our practice, we try to accommodate with an appointment as soon as possible.
Our cardiothoracic surgeons evaluate patients with the following conditions:
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) or blockages of the arteries in the heart
- Blockages in the heart valve(s)
- Leaking heart valve(s)
- Abnormal enlargement or aneurysms of the large arteries in the chest
- Heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart valve
- MAZE procedure
- Convergent MAZE procedure
- Conventional and video-assisted thoracic surgery
- Ascending/descending thoracic aneurysm repair
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)*
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair (Mitral Clip)*
*in conjunction with the Aultman Heart Center Structural Heart team